Saturday, October 19, 2019

facing fears

The same day that the kids finished their soccer season, Brooke had a birthday party at Urban Air for her friend Emma.  Brooke, Emma, and Jerzey were besties last year in Kindergarten, and they've kept in touch with each other through play dates and of course, recess :)

Brooke was SUPER excited to see her friends, but also to play and jump at Urban Air.  We've been there a few times and it never disappoints.  Brooke has never had a desire to try the climbing walls or pillar things, but after watching Jerzey do it, she told me that she wanted to try. I was pleasantly surprised, but I stuck with her until she had her harness on and was actually doing it!  I really thought that she would back down once it all became real, but she impressed me by facing her fears and trying something new.  I guess it really helps to see friends doing it to give that extra boost in confidence.
She had a blast and was talking about it the rest of the day, haha.  Good job, Buggy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment