Monday, January 2, 2023

seaquest

We checked out SeaQuest during our last week of Winter Break, and it was definitely a cool experience.   I didn't even know this place existed, but my friend told me about the free tickets they were offering, so I jumped on the opportunity. As we checked in, they asked if we were going to use our fourth ticket. I told them we wouldn't, so the employee gave me 30 tokens instead!  The tokens are used for animal encounters and feed, so it worked out perfectly. 

It was such a fun few hours up close and personal with the animals and these stingrays were definitely a hit.  They are such social creatures, and although Brooke was very hesitant to touch them at the beginning, she eventually warmed up. 

The tortoise is nearly 100 years old...
The capybara is a very unusual looking creature (and apparently the largest living rodent on the earth), but at least we can say that we've seen one in real life. 
One of the highlights was feeding these sweet otters, Chip and Dale.  I thought Brooke might back out when she saw the container of raw shrimp, but she was a brave girl and loved every minute.
The otters just put their tiny paws into that black tube and could grab the shrimp out of your hand.  It was seriously adorable watching the whole interaction!
The iguanas wanted nothing to do with the lettuce we were trying to feed them, but at least they stayed still while we touched them. 
The Bengal cats were beautiful, but my kids were annoyed with the other kids who kept pestering the cats. 
After looking at the snakes, Colby opted to use a few of his tokens to hold the albino corn snake and the blue-tongued skink.  Brooke didn't want to go near either animal, but I enjoyed watching Colby in his element. 
We ended the day watching the stingrays again.  They really are such peaceful creatures and we enjoyed watching them glide gracefully along the glass. 
Colby wanted to buy himself a little souvenir and offered to buy one for Brooke as well, but since I hadn't paid a cent for the whole experience, I told them they could each pick two little animals. I loved their selections and wasn't a bit surprised by what they chose...
I love experiencing new things with my little ones, especially when it's free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment