Wednesday, January 25, 2023

road trip-day 5

A little post-breakfast workout session :)
Our last snow day was spent in Taos, where we rode a gondolita over to the sledding hill. It was a whopping 9 degrees (-6 with the wind chill), so although Kevin and I didn't plan on doing a lot of sledding, we both quickly put on our bibs (or "jumpers" as Colby called them) to stay warm. 
The kids didn't love the hike back up the hill, but I thought it was a super fun hill to sled on!  The pink sled was perfect for double riders, so Kevin and I even took a turn together. 
They filled their time with snow angels, snow piles, snow chairs, snowball fights, and snow "cones."
Colby and I tried playing catch with a snow chunk, but that was an epic fail, haha. 
After sledding, we wandered over to the ski village, had a yummy lunch, then grabbed tiny donut dippers on the way back to the gondolita. 
When we arrived back at the hotel, the kids begged to go swimming in the pool.  I didn't think to bring sandals, so we all had to wear our snow boots to the pool.  We were quite the sight, but they were absolutely giddy to go swimming since they hadn't been in months. 
As we were going to bed that night, Colby mentioned that his ear was hurting. He didn't wear his ear plugs in the pool, which seemed fine since he wasn't diving, but I immediately regretted our decision to go swimming.  Shortly after falling asleep, he woke up crying and was complaining of ear pain.  Kevin and I both started googling what you can do if you get swimmer's ear, so we tried blow drying his ear.  Kevin gave Colby a blessing and I was praying so hard that he'd be able to sleep through the night.  

We decided that I should sleep by Colby to help him during the night, so Kevin moved over by Brooke.  Colby slept comfortably through the night and didn't seem bothered by his ear the next morning.  Honestly, that was such a miracle and I felt like Heavenly Father was aware of my sincere prayers.  I'm so grateful for the power of prayers and the power of the Priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment