Sunday, January 8, 2023

rest of winter break

My kids always enjoy playing chess with Papa, but Colby challenged Kevin to a game after they were gone. 
Brooke pulled out this old sticker poster and spent some time working on it.  It is seriously gonna take hours to finish, but it will look great once it's done. 
I honestly don't know what this picture is about, but I love my cute boy and his crazy hair.  (I didn't post at all during 2023, so it is now 2024 and I am trying to catch up on all the things from last year.  It's a big undertaking, but will be well worth it in the end.) 
Colby finally gets to attend Activity Days on Wednesday nights.  He has been patiently waiting for his day to come and to say that he was excited would be an understatement. He was hoping they would plan a nerf war, but he was also super excited to make a nativity graham cracker scene. 
The last Friday of Winter Break was spent at the bowling alley.  Our lane was totally slanted at the end, but we still had fun with the Hawkins family (plus a friend). 
We made a pit stop on the way home to return library books and ended up with a new stack to take with us. 
We took full advantage of the cute wall outside the library for a photo op :)
We went on a weekend adventure to Getzendaner Park in Waxahachie.  Colby and I were especially excited to put our new mountain bikes to the test.  We met a guy named Daniel at the beginning of the trail and he basically was our guide for the next two hours.  He was very familiar with the trails, so after giving us a few pointers, he would ride ahead, and would be waiting for us at the next fork in the road to give us additional suggestions.  Kevin and I felt so grateful for his help since we showed up without a real plan. 
As we entered an area of thick bamboo-like plants, Colby yelled back to me, "I hope we see a Panda." I about died laughing.  I don't know if he was serious, but it was pretty adorable.  He then asked me about 100 times why he couldn't bring a bamboo stick home with us. 
I'm not sure who liked these dirt ramps more, Colby or Batman (AKA Kevin), haha.  
The boys were too hot for their coats, but there was nowhere to put them, hence the capes!
We biked nearly 9 miles and I learned that I definitely need a softer seat.  Near the end, I took my coat off and was trying to sit on it for added comfort, haha. 
We ended the day at Six Flags as a family!  Highlights: finally riding Judge Roy Scream, The Riddler (Kevin and Brooke), Cat Whip (Colby and I), and El Diablo for Colby.  I was honestly shocked that he went on it, but it was an exciting way to end the night. 
This was how we all felt by Sunday morning, haha.  
I love that we pack our weekends full of fun, but sometimes we are just exhausted by Sunday.  But the kids know that no matter what, we are getting up for church.  And if we're lucky, we can take a snuggle nap/watch a movie in the afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment