Saturday, December 31, 2022

new year's eve

Since Kevin and I love Woodshed Smokehouse in Fort Worth, we decided to take my parents out for a special New Year's Eve lunch.  We originally wanted to sit outside so we could hear the live music, but since it was taking forever to get a table, we settled for first available seating.  They sat us inside, but then we couldn't really hear the music.  It was still a nice lunch and when we felt how much the wind had picked up when we left (see pics of our hair, haha), I was glad we were seated inside! 
During lunch, we talked about our goals for the new year.  I mentioned that Brooke never completed her goal from 2022 to learn double dutch and my mom assured us that she could help us learn.  I was definitely the worst one, but in my defense, I had the least amount of turns.  Colby made it to 7 jumps, Brooke did 18, and I didn't keep track of Kevin's jumps. 
I can't even remember what we ate for dinner, but we watched a movie together and decided to do our sparkling cider toast at about 10:30 PM.  The kids realized that it wasn't midnight, but the adults were too tired to stay up, haha.  We listened to Auld Lang Syne and as I was dancing around with Brooke, we tripped and fell hard on the tile floor.  Brooke had a really big fall in the street a few days prior, so I was worried that she shattered her kneecap or something!  She was crying so hard and her knee was pretty bruised.  Thankfully, she calmed down and everything seemed fine, but my knee and wrist were sore for a few days.  That wasn't the way I wanted to end the night, but I guess things don't always work out the way we hope they will.  

We are so grateful for all the wonderful memories and experiences of 2022, but are excited for what 2023 will hold for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment