Friday, December 16, 2022

grinch program/class party

The First Grade performed the cutest Grinch Program, but I wish they would've done it at night so Kevin and Brooke could have attended as well! Colby asked me to take videos of "the whole thing" so Kevin could watch it later, so that's exactly what I did :)

He was very into "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"...
It was seriously hysterical to watch these kids...
I caught Colby yawning a few times towards the end, so clearly, he needs more sleep! 
Their class party was right after, and although I was only the "helper", it was pretty stressful.  The Room Mom wanted to have multiple activities running at one time, and since all parents were allowed to attend this year, the room was packed.  We had limited space for the two games, but made the best of it.  Then we planned on everyone playing Bingo together, but as soon as we passed out all the cards, one parent noticed that all the cards were identical.  The Room Mom was the one that purchased the kit and printed them at a copy store, so I'm sure that was pretty frustrating for her!  But we just played it off and moved on to the craft, which I was in charge of.  We had emailed the teacher, Mrs. Byrd, a few weeks prior with our party plan and she approved everything.  But then a few days before the party, the kids came home with the exact craft that we had sent in the approved plan.  I was so confused about why she would do that craft when she knew we were doing it, but since I didn't want to start over and buy all new supplies, we just went with it and told the kids they could give the extra ornament to a grandparent or friend.  

We were having the kids put tiny foam balls inside the clear plastic ornament to look like a snowman and when we made the sample at home, Colby commented that it was going to be a disaster.  Colby did perfectly fine with it at home, so I assured him that the parents could help and that it would be great.  Well, Colby was totally right because apparently he is more crafty than his classmates.  The parents eventually stepped in to help a bit, but it was nothing short of chaotic, haha. After the party was over, I spent quite a bit of time trying to vacuum up all the tiny foam balls that were spilled all over the floor. Lesson learned, haha!

I didn't get many pictures since I was crazy busy during the party, but I did get one sweet pic of Colby...
One of him and his friend, Zayden...
And one of him and Mrs. Byrd...
She was very low-maintenance and didn't seem bothered by the mess in her room or the chaotic nature of the party, so that was a relief!  Although I would have definitely done a few things differently if I were in charge, it was super fun to help with the party and hang out with my sweet boy!  
He loves when I come up to the school, and especially when I get to come to his classroom :) He was also pretty happy that I checked him out of school early so we could hang out the rest of the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment