Wednesday, December 23, 2020

zoo date

A few days before Christmas I decided to take the kids on a special date to the Zoo.  It's half-price day at the Fort Worth zoo, and since we hadn't been in a while, it seemed like the perfect thing to do.  It had been a rough morning so I almost changed my mind, but I'm glad we went anyways because we all needed the fresh air. 
We fed the giraffes, and Colby was sweet enough to split his last leave in half so they could each feed the baby. 
They always love watching the meerkats...
And the reptile house, which always creeps me out!  Some of the snakes are just so BIG and the thought of seeing one in the wild is terrifying.
We spent a while in the Texas Wild exhibit and Colby didn't want to leave this goat's side. 
Checked out the museum, but it wasn't very exciting, haha.
We always check our wing span...
Colby wasn't brave enough to touch the stingrays last time, but he assured me that he wanted to do it this year!  Well, he did it and even surprised me and touched the shark's fin as well!
It was a beautiful 4.5 hours at the zoo. We lucked out with 60 degrees and sunshine up until the last 30 minutes when a cold wind blew through. 
Sometimes you just need to get out of the house for a change of scenery and to reset!

No comments:

Post a Comment