Friday, December 4, 2020

bass pro santa

While so many traditions are not the same as in years past, I quite liked being able to make an appointment to see Santa and not wait a single minute in line!!  The Bass Pro Shop does such a beautiful job decorating for Christmas.
As they stood there talking to Santa, Brooke's hand instinctively went to Colby's head.  I think she gets nervous and that's her comfort because I have a very similar picture from 2018 with Brooke rubbing Colby's ear. I was so glad they didn't make the kids wear masks, but they did have a giant plexiglass sheet between them, haha. 
We spent some time exploring the store...
It's a very "country" Christmas at the Bass Pro shop, haha...
Such a great Friday night as a family, until Brooke thew up in the car!  We had picked Kevin up from work, gone straight to Bass Pro, bought the kids some old fashioned candy they were wanting, drove through In-N-Out, then picked up the Honda on the way back home.  As we were passing over the lake, Kevin called me (I was in the Honda) to say that he was gonna need my help at home because Brooke was throwing up repeatedly in the car.  She hadn't seemed sick AT ALL, so I was puzzled.  I guess the combination of candy,  french fries, lots of water, and a bumpy freeway ride was a recipe for disaster.  Poor girl kept apologizing for how yucky it was, but I told her it was totally fine!  Kevin got her all cleaned up in the house while I dealt with the mess in the car. It didn't smell, which was a total miracle, but it was pretty gross. And that's the way we ended our night, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment