Thursday, December 24, 2020

christmas eve

We started off Christmas Eve day with sugar cookies!!  I made 25 dozen chocolate chip cookies last week for friends/neighbors/Kevin's employees, so I wasn't super pumped about baking more, but it quickly turned into one of my favorite activities of the season! They were both so independent and excited about every step of the process. Reminded me of making sugar cookies with my mom, so we Facetimed her so she could be part of the process :)
My first batch was sticking to the spatula as I tried to lift them off the silicon baking mat, so Brooke started giving me some pointers. It was comical at first, but she literally has some cookie skills :)  And I was laughing about her skeleton pajamas.  She's definitely clashing holidays, but I wanted to keep her Christmas jammies clean for that night!
Look at those perfect cookie shapes!
Kevin had to work a half day, but as soon as he got home from work we headed to Grandma and Papa's house.  The kids were so excited to decorate cookies...
All the grandkids and their stockings...
Grandma made each of their stockings with so much love (and time!)
Then it was finally time for presents...
I love that the kids were so quick to thank everyone and were hugging each other like crazy :)
One of my highlights from the night was watching Brooke play the piano.  Papa had asked her to bring her music to play, but when she sat down to play, she started pretty loud and thought she played a wrong note. She immediately was embarrassed and didn't want to play anymore.  I tried to encourage her, but quickly realized that I should back off.  About 10 minutes later, on her own accord, she sat back down and filled the home with beautiful music. It was such a proud Mama moment for me because she overcame her fear and embarrassment and shared her talent with our family.
We finished the night playing Christmas songs on the chimes, then headed home to get ready for Santa!
The magic of Christmas was definitely in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment