Tuesday, October 6, 2020

little hearts

After a delayed start ("because of Covid"), our sweet boy was able to start Preschool at Little Hearts.  They did a Zoom informational meeting in August to explain how everything was to be structured, and then we had an individual appointment to go meet his teacher, Mrs. Tiffanie.  She is somewhat new to Little Hearts so I had never met her before, but she seemed nice and Colby was excited to be at the school and see his classroom. 

He was given a piece of posterboard and told to make an "All About Me" poster to bring back on the first day of school. We had a lot of fun picking pictures, images, and stickers to show his hobbies, interests, and  favorite things... 
At the informational meeting, we learned that they would be using a car drop-off line to avoid having lots of people/parents in the building.  I've definitely heard of other schools doing this, but I always prefer to walk my kids into school. I also worried that he might feel nervous, especially on the first day.  And then what??  Would he just have to get out of the car anyway?  I was obviously worried, but I tried to keep those worries to myself and instead talk it up like he was SUCH a big kid for getting to do the car line.  He seemed fine with the whole idea, so I just hoped and prayed that it would go smoothly.

Isn't he the cutest?? Such a handsome and sweet little guy. 
I love how gigantic his backpack looks, haha.  
When it was our turn to drop off, I kissed his little cheek, the teacher opened the door, and he hopped right out and said, "I love you, Mom." And that was it!  As I drove away, I was surprised that I hadn't shed a tear, but as soon as the thought came, so did a few tears. 
His teacher, Mrs. Tiffanie, texted me mid-day to tell me that Colby had already stolen her heart.  "He is such a kind, thoughtful boy." She also sent these two pictures, which really put my Mama heart at ease knowing that he was happy and having fun. 
The next 5 hours passed in a flash, but I was anxious to hear all about his day.  He was all smiles as he came to the car, and told me numerous times that "It was the best day!"  So, we celebrated a great first day with some Bahama Bucks...
Day One was a big success, and he has loved every day since! But it doesn't always start that way, haha.  He tells me almost every Tuesday and Thursday that he wants to stay home with me instead of going to school, but he goes anyway and always tells me it was a great day.  So, I'm not sure what that is all about.

Little Hearts uses an app called Cluster which the teachers use to post daily pictures and announcements  for the parents.  Since our contact with the teachers is minimal. I am so grateful for this little glimpse into their school day. 
Here's to the next few months of preschool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment