Saturday, October 31, 2020

halloween

We have come to love Halloween around here, so we were thrilled to find out that the Ward Trunk-or-Treat was ON! Brooke wanted to be Batgirl this year, and Colby chose to be Harry Potter. They looked adorable, if I do say so myself :)
I haven't dressed up the last few years since we haven't done family costumes, but I figured I would throw together a quick pirate costume. Once we arrived at the church and I saw that only a few other adults were in costume, I instantly regretted my decision, haha.  Especially since my tights were "one size fits most", which meant that they were not long enough and irritated me all night. 
Brooke took off her mask at the church so people could see the cute bats on her cheeks...
Colby and Logan were both dressed as Harry Potter...
Letting this kid eat and drink all sorts of garbage...
Kevin made the rounds with the kids while I passed out candy at the car...
The Thursday before Halloween was the Little Hearts Halloween party. Colby opted for his aviator costume since the Harry Potter robes were less bathroom friendly. He made the cutest aviator I ever did see :)
Brooke had "Storybook Character Day", which was the school's excuse to let the kids dress up without calling it Halloween. She made a last-minute decision to just wear her skeleton jammies and REALLY wanted her face painted.  I wasn't really sure if that was allowed or not, but I figured we'd just go for it. When I finished, I was pretty worried that it was too much, but Brooke LOVED it and that made it all the more fun. 
On Halloween night, we trick-or-treated the entire neighborhood with the Hawkins.  According to Brooke, the night was EPIC! Definitely not as many houses participating, but the ones that did made it extra fun for the kids and they still had VERY full buckets by the end of the night. 
Love all of these sweet kids...
And the best part was that it wasn't a school night! Yay for sleeping in on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment