Friday, October 30, 2020

green meadows

Green Meadows is at the top of our favorite Fall activities, and this year was equally as great despite COVID.  They didn't care about masks at the farm, which was great! My kids loved the baby cows, tortoise, bunnies, and the little chicks...
Danny the baby donkey was also a favorite, especially for Colby...
Oh, and the goats!!  I'm pretty glad they don't charge separately for the feed because my kids each fed them about 20 handfuls of food. 
They added a duck race this year, which kept my kids entertained for quite some time.
I was honestly shocked that they still did the corn pits (you know, because of Covid), but they sure had a blast.  Then we headed straight to wash our hands and took showers when we got home.
It was a very bumpy hay ride this year, but it's tradition and we don't generally deviate from tradition :)  Also, Brooke's face was painted from her school dress up date, so she looks a bit scary.
We chose pumpkins on the way out and that was a wrap on our 2020 Fall/Halloween traditions.  
I always feel a little guilty taking Brooke out of school early to do this, but since they close at 3 each day and we don't want to go on the weekend, we opt for an "excused" family outing :)  I also hope I can always remember how Colby says "punk ins" because it's my absolute favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment