Friday, December 6, 2019

ward christmas party

The Relief Society was in charge of the Ward Christmas Party again this year, and since I am now in the RS, I was part of the process.  I helped with a little bit of the planning, but it was the first in probably 4 years that I wasn't in charge of the centerpieces.  (They used to ask the YW to be in charge of that.) The girl in charge of everything was pretty organized and didn't need a lot of help, which was kind of nice for a change.

I was supposed to help set-up, but I realized that I had a hair appointment that same morning.  I tried to reschedule, but I couldn't get another appointment until the end of December, so I ended up just keeping the original one.  I felt a little shallow telling them that I would be late due to a hair appointment, but they all seemed to understand and I eventually made it there to help.

I also was cooking a few hams and was in charge of the Hot Cocoa bar, which was a big hit.  Not my idea, but still a big hit.

As we got ready for the party, I told Brooke that I had picked out my plaid shirt and black moto leggings so we could match, but she didn't want to wear that.  I know she's entitled to her opinion, but I wish she wasn't so opinionated sometimes. I had also bought her a new sweatshirt for the many holiday parties and events she had in December, so of course she wanted to wear that.  
She looked adorable and festive and I tried not to feel bad about the lack of enthusiasm for matching, haha.
On the way to the church, I commented to the kids that I had forgot to make a sign for the cocoa.  We carried everything in, and I was pretty busy cutting ham and doing other last minute things.  As I walked back into the cultural hall, I noticed this sign on the cocoa...
Of course it wasn't spelled correctly, but I loved that Brooke tried to help me out :)  The kids loved the crafts, drawing pictures for the two missionaries from our ward, and watching the different musical performances.
My favorite was the Primary children singing Away in a Manger.  Such tender little voices with a sweet message of Christ's birth.
We enjoyed spending the evening with friends from the ward, but I always leave feeling like I didn't get to chat with as many people as I would have liked.  I guess when you're busy hosting the event, it's a little less relaxing.  But still a great evening, and hopefully it was relaxing for those that attended!

No comments:

Post a Comment