Friday, December 13, 2019

mothering moments

Sometimes a picture brings joy straight to my soul, and these are a few such examples! 
Something about the true joy in Brooke's smile, or Colby's happiness with finding his long-lost fashion glasses and holding the Costco receipt )  I love being a mom, but sometimes I get lost in the knitty-gritty of daily tasks that I forget to find the simple pleasures.  The day I went to have lunch with Brooke, I really wanted to shop on my own.  I had dropped Colby off at Joyschool and had great plans of finishing the last bit of Christmas shopping and buying stocking stuffers before Brooke was out of school for the holiday break.  As I drove to the outlets, I had a little thought that I should go have lunch with Brooke.  She had asked me earlier in the week if I could come have lunch with her, but I hadn't committed to anything.  I really didn't think I could fit lunch in, especially since it was right in the middle of my two hour window.  But, the thought kept coming back to me. So, I rushed through a few errands and made it to school about 5 minutes into lunch.  As I walked towards Brooke's lunch table, she spotted me, came running, and threw her arms around me.  I was SO thankful for that persistent nudge to go see my girl.  One-on-one lunch dates are rare, and I enjoyed being present for her.  I still had time to quickly run to Target for stocking stuffers, but most importantly, I knew that I had made the right choice. 

I have a lot more one-on-one time with Colby, but I have to remind myself that I had that time with Brooke as well.  We try to fill our days with fun stuff, but he's also my errand buddy and he's a pretty great sport about it :) It's WAY easier to take one kid to the store as opposed to two, so that's how we roll.  Sometimes I envy the moms who get to run errands on their own, but then it hits me that I don't have much time with him before he is in school as well.  He will start at Little Hearts next Fall, and before I know it, he'll be going to Kindergarten all day.  I know for a fact that I am gonna miss these days.

These are the mothering moments I never want to forget!  It isn't always glamorous, but I see these pictures and am reminded about the beautiful side of mothering and the cherished moments I share with my little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment