Friday, August 30, 2019

sewing day

Months ago, when we planned our Youth Temple trip, I had no idea that Brooke would have that day off school.  I asked Grandma to come watch the kids since we leave about 4 PM, but since Brooke had the day off, Grandma suggested that they have their special sewing date that they've been talking about. It seemed like great timing, so Grandma come out in the morning and took Brooke to Hobby Lobby to pick fabric for the bag they were going to make. Brooke picked a pink fabric with princesses all over it :)  It was very fitting since she wore her Rapunzel dress on the outing, haha. 
It was fun being home for part of the process (cutting of the pattern, pinning, etc.), and they were just getting to the sewing as I left for the temple trip.
When I came home late that night, Brooke's completed bag was sitting at the bottom of the stairs with her big baby inside (which is why she wanted to make the big bag in the first place.)  That was the first thing she wanted to talk to me about in the morning, and I love that she was able to practice her sewing skills with Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment