Thursday, August 1, 2019

sibling bond

This summer has been a breakthrough of sorts! The kids have played together in the past, but this summer they would play for hours together, which was amazing on so many levels.  They were SO creative in their play, and I loved listening to them plan, plot, and execute all of their play ideas.  It led to MANY messes, but I loved seeing them together and listening to their conversations.  It also gave me uninterrupted time to get things done, so it was a win for everyone :)

At the beginning of August, it really hit me how much we will miss Brooke when she started first grade.  Colby will lose his best play buddy, and I know I am not nearly as fun or creative in my play as she is.  I will have to either up my game of imaginative play, or schedule more friend play dates, haha.

But these two have grown so much this summer and I love the special bond they share together.  My goal is to allow them to have lots of play time in the afternoons and early evenings before we have to do dinner, baths, and the bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment