Saturday, August 24, 2019

boating with sturgills

This picture is beautiful in every sense of the word!  Beautiful little friends, beautiful surroundings, beautiful memories made! We finally coordinated a boat outing with the Sturgills and it did not disappoint :)  Their kids were super excited, which totally made the whole boat outing.  It's fun to see other people enjoying what our family loves.
I mean, look at this smile...
We spent lots of time swimming, wake boarding, and tubing! The lake was pretty empty (which was a total surprise with it being a Saturday,) but it made for ideal lake conditions. Danielle and I ever got out on the tube and had a major laugh session. I was cracking up for so long, my face hurt! The bumping of the boat was causing my hand to slap my leg, and Danielle thought I was doing like the "knee slapper" thing since it was so funny.  When she told me that, we cracked up even harder.  Sometimes you just need to experience the childlike joy of being carefree and laughing till your face hurts.
Near the end, we piled all 6 kids into the tube and took them for a fun ride.  It was hilarious watching them together and seeing them all give different signals for us to slow down, speed up, make it a bumpy ride, etc. 
As the kids were climbing into the boat after our final swim, I had them all line up for a picture.  We'll have to recreate this outing next year for the memories AND the photo op :)
Thanks, Sturgills, for an amazing lake day!  It's crazy to think that Danielle and I have been friends for 12 years!!  A lot has happened in those 12 years, but thankfully we've had each other's support through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment