Saturday, August 3, 2019

our happy place

I have at least a hundred pictures of our boating adventures this summer, but here are a few from one particular Saturday.  We started the day with a longer-than-usual boat ride, followed by a little exploration of a sandy beach.  The lake was only about 3 feet deep in this area, so Kevin hopped off the back of the boat and helped the littles cross over with him.  They were both freaking out about the squishy mud, so Kevin helped them cross over quickly. Within moments, the rock and stick collecting had already begun.  You've gotta love kids and their treasure hunting, haha.
I stayed on the boat, but tried to get their attention for a picture before they made their way back.  As they crawled into the boat, their feet were covered in that sludgy mud, so I don't think this was an ideal "beach" to stop at in the future.  But it was worth the exploration! 

Then it was back to cruising the lake...
I adore this picture so much!  I obviously love my sweet boy's face and personality with those glasses, but I also love that Papa's head is in the background :)  I imagine that my kids will always remember the presence of their grandparents when thinking about childhood boating!
And they will most definitely remember all the times they played with their Daddy.  This summer has been pretty incredible as far as new experiences and confidence gained.  Brooke has really impressed me with her desire to learn to wakeboard, and Colby just wants to do EVERYTHING!
Colby kept asking Kevin to do a spin, and Kevin was able to make the full 360 rotation!  As Kevin and I were watching all the videos that night, he told me about his total Dad moment with Colby.  While they were riding, Colby yelled, "Hey Dad!", then waited for Kevin to acknowledge that he heard him, before saying "I love you."  I can only imagine the happiness he felt in that moment with his son.  The little boy who looks up to him so much and wants to do everything his Daddy does. 
As we were cleaning the boat, Brooke put on Kevin's captain hat and I couldn't NOT take a pictures!  Her and Colby love this hat, so I may have to order little ones for them to wear at the lake, our happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment