Wednesday, July 3, 2019

midlothian fireworks

I decided a few years ago that the Fourth of July may be one of my favorite holidays.  There are SO many fun activities to do, and minimal stressors associated with other major holidays (like gift buying, etc.)  A few years ago, we started going to the Midlothian fireworks on the 3rd, and it has quickly become one of my favorite traditions!  We go with the Myers and Sturgills, and whoever else tags along with us :)

We all dress in red, white, and blue, so I definitely took a few pics of my kids before we headed out the door. Well, I guess we were already OUT the door, but you know what I mean, haha. 
I adore these two and loved seeing their excitement about these tiny flags :)  I have a similar picture from last year, and since they were wearing these exact same matching clothes, I tried to recreate it.  (I was surprised that the clothes still fit, but that made things super easy.)
Kevin had to work on the 3rd, but I had a picnic all packed for when he got home.  We met up with our friends in the parking lot at the Midlothian Stadium, enjoyed our picnic, and let the kids run wild and free.  They rode scooters and bikes around our section of the parking lot (thanks to some strategic car parking), and the rest of us tossed the football around, played frisbee, and prepared the glow sticks for when the sun went down.  Brooke was all over the glow stick project, and Brandt, Nora, and Colby were her little helpers :)  I had also bought some of those firework poppers that you throw on the ground, and they were a total hit with the kids.  After they were all gone, Brandt (Sturgill) asked me, "What other cool stuff did you bring?" I'm glad I was cool in his book :)
(Of course, Brooke brought her baby!)
I love these friends, and am so grateful for the last 12 years of friendship!
Sturgill Family
Myers Family
And our family :)
The fireworks show was amazing, and I loved sitting behind Brooke and Nora.  They have a cute friendship, and it was fun to hear their chatter.  It was a late night by the time we got home, but it was all totally worth it!  We even had the parade to look forward to in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment