Thursday, July 11, 2019

megan's baby shower

My sweet friend Megan adopted a beautiful baby girl at the beginning of June, but it all happened so suddenly (like within 2 days), so she didn't have a baby shower before she was home with her new baby. When I went to meet sweet baby Everly, I threw out the idea of having a "Sip and See" with some close friends so everyone could meet Everly and hear all the details. Megan loved the idea, so I got right to work on all the details.

I recently cancelled my membership with PicMonkey, which is how I've made all my printables in the past.  Luckily, I came across this amazing site called GreetingsIsland.  I was able to customize an invitation (for free), and that provided the theme for the whole event. 
 
I had these flower garlands from Brooke's last birthday party, and they tied in perfectly with the invitation.  I borrowed the cute vase from Joanna, who bought it for another friend's shower that we hosted together :)
I served fresh fruits, veggies, a greek 7-layer dip. and Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Megan can't eat gluten, and since I didn't want to experiment for a good gluten free cupcake, I kept things simple by ordering them.  (They were delicious, by the way!)

The evening was super casual, but I thought it was really nice to just enjoy food with such great company.  I love each of these ladies, and we all enjoyed snuggles from Baby Everly, even Brooke!
Megan sent me a voice message as she drove home, and told me that the evening was "absolutely lovely".  That she "couldn't have imagined a more pleasant evening" :)  I was SO glad that she loved it and that she felt loved by this group of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment