Tuesday, July 2, 2019

chair project

Kevin and I bought a set of Adirondack chairs back when we owned our townhouse in Pembroke Pines, Florida.  I loved those chairs, and Kevin even branded an "M" on them one day when he was grilling steaks.  Well, 8 years later they were looking pretty terrible!  I kind of wanted to just leave them on the curb for the garbage collection...but it WAS kind of nice to have 2 extra seats on our patio.  So, there they sat, looking disgusting.  

One day at HomeGoods, I found a cute little white 3-piece patio set that was on mega-clearance for $99.  The set was slightly modern, but the color and price were right, so I bought them.  But as soon as I put them on the patio, I knew they were all wrong.  After returning them, I decided to give those old chairs some TLC and see what came of it.  The kids were excited to help me sand those old chairs, so it became a fun project with my littles.  I tightened all the screws, and rinsed them off to prepare them for painting. 
The morning I decided to paint was miserably hot, so the kids didn't last long.  It was probably better in the long run so that I could be particular about the painting, haha.  But, look at what a different the TLC made?
I already had all the sandpaper, and the paint was leftover from when I restained the garage and shutters, so it cost absolutely nothing!!  I'd call that a win :) I even had some old pillows in the garage that perfectly matched, so I will add a picture of that as well once I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment