Wednesday, November 14, 2018

YWIE

This year, I felt like we needed to do less with a theme, and try to keep things simple for our Young Women In Excellence! I came across this idea from Pinterest, and thought it was perfect. The girls made all the donuts one night for mutual, the tassel banner and tablecloth were from another YW event, and we served donuts and milk.  Easy, peasy!
I say "easy, peasy", but there were quite a few stresses before the event started.  I kept getting text messages from different young women that they wouldn't be there for one reason or another, and I started to fear that the evening was going to be a flop.  But, it turned out so beautiful, and I loved that two of the moms spoke as well about how Personal Progress has influenced their family and more specifically, their daughter's lives. My friend Joanna was one of the speakers, and she did the most amazing job.  I am truly surrounded by remarkable women. I felt the Spirit so strongly during her remarks, and it made me realize how blessed I am to have strong, courageous, faithful friends.
My secretary and I showed up in our matching dresses, which was only fitting since we planned the evening together, haha.  It was also only a matter of time because we've both had the dress for over a year and hadn't worn it on the same day yet.
This last picture is just to remember that Colby is my little trooper.  He spent a few hours with me at the church that morning getting everything set up and ready. He has only one shoe on, but he came running from the gym to see what I was doing and wanted to photobomb my picture.  Gotta love my little helper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment