Thursday, November 15, 2018

thanksgiving program

Can you spot our little girl? (She's on the far right, three rows up from the bottom.)  There are SO many kindergarteners at Brooke's school, and they put on an adorable program for Thanksgiving! It started at 8:30 AM, so I planned on just staying after I dropped Brooke off at 7:50.  That was, until I forgot Colby's shoes at home.  I did't realize until we were en route to school, so after drop off, I hurried home to get them.  Well, that was a mistake.  It took way longer than I thought it would, and when we arrived back at school, the place was PACKED.  Bev had stayed the night as well to attend Brooke's program, so all 3 of us hurried to the auditorium to get a seat.  We had to sit in the back, so of course I was bummed.  I should have just carried a shoeless Colby and avoided the trip home :/

But once the program started, it didn't really matter anyways  Each of the 6 classes sang a song, and then one of the teachers read a Thanksgiving story, and each time she said "pilgrim woman", or "pilgrim man", all the kids dressed as that character said a little phrase.  Brooke was a pilgrim woman, and her line was, "mercy me", said in a high pitched voice.  It was pretty hilarious.

At the end of the program, they allowed the parents of each class to come to the front to take pictures. I was saved!!  I still got cute pictures of my little girl :)  She chose to stick her tongue out while signing "I love you", haha, but I made her do a normal smile as well.
Something about the turtleneck reminded me of myself, and I dug up this old picture that my aunt sent me.  I had to do the side-by-side comparison to show how much we looked alike. In general, she favors Kevin's looks, so I kind of love when she looks like her Mama. 
Since Bev was at our house for the day, we headed back to Brookie's school to surprise her for lunch.  Mission accomplished, she was definitely surprised!
I love that Brooke has a sweet relationship with Grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment