Sunday, April 29, 2018

little hearts graduation

She is just the cutest thing ever!!  Unbeknownst to me, they took these cap and gown pictures on picture day, and my heart melted when I saw Brooke's! I gladly paid the $35 for the digital image of my sweet, sweet girl. She has grown and changed so much this year, and we have both loved all aspects of her experience at Little Hearts Preschool. 

The graduation took place on a Sunday evening and was such a beautiful evening.  They had a sweet program, then had the students walk in to Pomp and Circumstance.  Seeing all those sweet children walk up on stage was a tender moment.  Then the singing began, and I started crying as I tried to NOT appear to be crying since Brooke was looking right at us. When "Class of 2031" came on, I wanted to laugh!  That sounds SO far away, but I hope the time does pass a little more slowly than the last 5 years have.
They spotlighted each student, stating something about their family, where they are going to Kindergarten, and what they want to be when they grow up.  Mrs. Angela announced Brooke, that she was the daughter of Kevin and Katie Meador, is going to Daulton Elementary, and wants to be a builder and a Mama when she grows up :)  She had already informed us on the drive over that she doesn't want to be a builder, but that they wouldn't let her change it. I'm sure they didn't want to deal with the constant changes from 4 year olds, so I assured her that she could be whatever she wanted to be. 
Pictured below is Mrs. Ashley, the school's director. I loved her so much, and was sad when she announced that she was stepping down as director for next year.  She wanted more time with her family, which I think is great, but she will be missed!
We are so proud of our girl, and are excited for what the future holds.
Grandma and Papa were able to come as well, and Brooke loved having them there.
We had to take a picture with Ms. Danielle, another one of Brooke's favorite people at Little Hearts.  She taught Bible class, and had the most amazing relationship with Brooke.  Some of the teachers and staff would stand outside each morning and greet the children, and Ms. Danielle was always the recipient of Brooke's big hugs. This woman radiated love, and Brooke definitely felt it. 
And last, but not least, was Brooke's teacher, Mrs. Angela.  I could not have asked for a better teacher for Brooke as we introduced her to the school environment.  She was patient, kind, and loving to our little girl.  I recently had a conversation with a friend (Danielle) who said that when her daughter started school, she was worried that her teachers wouldn't know how special she was.  I could totally relate, because I wanted someone who knew what I see in my daughter.  I truly felt like Mrs. Angela loved Brooke and would send me notes about how my girl was precious, and a total sweetheart. She even sent her a note the week before Kindergarten that said "Hi Brooke, I hope you've had an amazing summer.  I'm praying for you as you start school next week.  You're a precious girl with a huge heart. Keep using that brilliant mind God has given you to make good choices and learn new things. You're going to be great in Kindergarten!  Hugs. Love you, Mrs. Angela"  I read that sweet note a million times, and Kevin made a comment about how sound her advice was.  
When Brooke returned her cap and gown, she was given her own children's bible with her name inside the cover. It was such a nice parting gift, and although the book has like 300 pages, we've already read through it twice as we do scripture time as a family each night.  The kids have loved the stories, and I have learned a ton, haha!

I am excited for Colby to attend Little heart in a year :)  The new director is the woman who taught music before, so hopefully the experience will continue to be an amazing one. Little Hearts is truly a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment