Saturday, April 7, 2018

mormon prom

When your husband finds out the week of that he needs to help chaperone the Mormon Prom, you go as his date and wear whatever dress you have at home, haha. I actually love this dress, but I bought it to wear to a wedding when I was 7 months pregnant with Brooke and haven't had a reason to wear it since!  It was fun getting dressed up, and as I joke, I had Brooke take our pictures at the bottom of the stairs.  If only we had purchased a boutonniere and corsage, so could have had that traditional prom picture as well.
The event was held at Eddie Deen's ranch in Dallas, which was actually a pretty cool venue.  Think rustic vibe with beautiful thick wood tables and string lights hanging from all the exposed beams. We enjoyed a delicious BBQ dinner, then headed over to Kevin's assignment, which was to help with the mechanical bull.  It was a pretty easy gig because two old cowboys were actually doing all the work, but we had a good time watching the youth participate.  I failed miserably at recording Kevin's one attempt, and since he didn't want to ride it again, you get a picture.  I rode it at the very end which was pretty hysterical.  I blame my two short rides on a slippery dress, haha.
Not too shabby for the second prom I've ever been to, haha!  And at least this time, I was on a date with the man I love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment