Saturday, April 1, 2017

heirloom suit

Colby looks ultra adorable, but the pictures are even more precious when you know the backstory.  This suit is an heirloom hand-stitched by Jerry's grandma, which is Colby's Great-Great Grandma. Jerry wore this suit as a toddler, then Kevin wore it, and now Colby gets his turn!  Bev has preserved it in her cedar chest, and it's in perfect condition which is pretty darn amazing considering that it is 60 years old. She took it to the dry cleaners before bringing it over, and also brought the white shoes and bow tie that Kevin wore.  

It took me a few weeks to get him a white shirt, but then it was picture time!  Colby was in need of a haircut, but I asked Kevin if he wanted Colby's hair to be in his normal faux hawk, or if I should comb it to the side just like his hair in the pictures his Mom brought over.  He wanted to comb it to the side, and then when I took him for studio pictures, I could cut his hair to the normal Colby style :)

I obviously couldn't pick a favorite photo, so I included them all.  Each one shows a different expression and a different side of our cute Colby Boy.
I lied, the "cheese" face might be my personal favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment