Tuesday, April 4, 2017

studio pics

I mentioned the studio pics a few posts ago, but it all started with the heirloom suit.  Jerry wanted pictures of Colby in the suit, and I just intended to take some pictures myself.  A week later, I received a mailer from a photography studio offering 24 pictures (a variety of sizes, including a canvas) for $14.99.  It seemed too good to be true, but I figured for that price, I didn't have much to lose.  So, I made an appointment, and brought some spring outfits along as well so that I didn't have 24 pics of Colby in the suit, haha. I don't love how studio pictures look, but again, for the price, I figured it was good idea. 

Brooke was excited about the pictures, which was a welcome surprise :)  She loved all the backgrounds and props, which are the exact things I dislike about studio pictures, haha.  But, it was cute to see her so excited. The studio had guidelines of which backgrounds they had to use, and then I was able to pick a few I liked.  Once we were done, we sat down at the computer to look at all the images.  With each pair of pictures, I picked the ones I liked and disliked.  When we were done, she informed me that to get one sheet of each image I liked, it would be $378 dollars, or something ridiculous in the upper $300 range.  I told her that I just wanted the 24 pictures, and that's when the catch became evident!  The 24 pictures all had to be the same image.  Why in the world would I want the same image in 24 different size prints??  What a gimmick, but I knew it was too good to be true!  I told her that I was only interested in spending $20, but I really did love some of the expressions in the pictures, so I ended up selecting the bare minimum, and walked away with like 4 poses for $87 dollars. 

This is the image I chose for the 24 prints and canvas since it had both kiddos in it. 
'
I thought Brooke looked like a little angel in these pictures, so I had to choose these as well.  It is crazy how quickly she is growing up.  She was so patient as I curled her hair that morning, and I could tell that she felt pretty. 

Although I really dislike black backgrounds, I loved this sweet picture of Colby.  I adore this boy's sweet face, blond hair, and blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment