Saturday, April 29, 2017

last game of the first season

I am so happy that Brooke enjoyed her first season of soccer!  I also really liked that they had practice right before each game, which made it a Saturday-only commitment. Practices normally started at 9 or 10 and lasted about 45 minutes.  They would then have a short devotional about being kind, following the example of Jesus, etc. Then it was potty break, and time to move over to the game fields.  Everything was super organized, which I loved. Brooke's coach's name was Frank, but his wife (pictured above), also helped on occasion. Their daughter Emily was also assisting.
I can't decide what I liked watching more, practice or the games. During practice I really was able to see her improve on her skills and technique, but games were fun because they were more fast-paced.

Since this was their last game, they received medals at the end. Brooke was on cloud 9, even more so because Sister Parr (one of her favorite people), came to watch the game. She is seriously the greatest and shows such love to Brooke.
Nothing's better than sharing your special game with such a special person!
I am so proud of our little soccer player, and hope that she wants to play again next Spring.  Possibly Fall, but it might be too hot for that, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment