Sunday, April 30, 2017

trial run in nursery

A week before Colby hit his 18 month mark, which is when he is allowed to attend nursery, he had a "trial-run". Kevin had to go to a different ward for his Stake calling, and I was teaching the Laurels, so Colby needed a place to go :)  The nursery leader had told me a month or so before that I could start bringing him, so I figured I would take her up on her offer.
 I only took him for the third hour to ease him into the whole situation. I din't think Colby knew what to expect, but he seemed excited about being a big boy. He didn't seem nervous at all, and went straight to playing and having fun.  I walked away, hovered by the door for a few minutes, then headed to class.  I was a little nervous during class, and rushed to pick him up as soon as church was over.  He was happy and smiling, and I was a relieved Mom. 
Apparently nursery was exhausting though, because he was fast asleep before we made it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment