Friday, March 31, 2017

march with the littles

I know these monthly posts are lost, but I'm kind of obsessed with documenting the little things that happen each day.  Each picture reminds me of how we spent the month and I can see the way the kids are growing and learning. 

And what's not to love about a picture with the adorable Brock!  He is Joanna's little guy, and Brooke is quite in love with him.  
One afternoon, I had to wake Colby up from his nap, which I hate doing!  I can't even remember why I had to wake him, but he looked so sweet laying there with his puppy.  The flash was obviously a little too bright for his eyes.
Brooke continues to love her dance class, although she still gives me grief at times about getting dressed.  When she is being grumpy about getting dressed, she'll say things like "Can we just cancel dance?", probably because I've had to threaten that a few times.  I have tried explaining that not every girl gets the opportunity to dance because it's pretty expensive, so hopefully the lesson sinks in, haha.
We have the stairs blocked off to keep Colby out of danger, but any chance he gets, he goes for it!!  He is much better at stairs, but it still makes me nervous if i'm not near him.
A trip to the mall always end in a carousel ride!  I luckily receive one or two coupons in the mail each month, so it's normally free.
I know you're not supposed to take pictures in the chapel, but since we were in the overflow I justified it, haha. Colby sitting there doing a look-and-find with Daddy was just too cute.
And because he looked so handsome, he got his own picture after church.  My baby is growing up so quickly!
Colby was fussy one afternoon, and Brooke quickly grabbed her baby to comfort him.  It's quite adorable how much Colby loves baby dolls. He always makes sure the babies have a pacifier, and I have no doubt that he will be an attentive and loving big brother.
The Spring weather was so pleasant, and we spent lots of time playing across the street at the park.
Since Colby isn't walking yet, I either carry him around, or he sits and plays with his sand toys in the bark.
As I was putting Colby down for his nap, Brooke kept busy at her chalk board.  I was so impressed to see that she had written her name, minus the E.  The spacing and order were not perfect, but I was impressed that she had done the rest independently :)
Brooke likes to be my little helper, and I love that she is able to maneuver my stick vacuum!  Any help with chores is much appreciated.
We had a fun movie night with the Hawkins the week that Moana came to DVD.  I had been sick all week, so I worried about coughing through the whole movie, but it all worked out and we enjoyed a fun night with our friends.
Since getting my outdoor rug, we have spent more time in the backyard as well.  I planted some new succulents, and Colby boy wanted to water them for me.
We also bought a new washer and dryer after our washer pooped out on us, and the kids have spent hours decorating the boxes. Who knew that a huge box could literally entertain them for hours, multiple days in a row?
During Colby's nap, Brooke kept busy as well!  I came downstairs to find that she had attempted washing all of the dishes from lunch! It was the cutest surprise, and although some of the dishes weren't exactly clean, I appreciated the effort more than she knew.
My girl also sets up the most elaborate of tea parties for her, her animals and her babies.  She loves all of her kitchen stuff, and it makes the perfect addition to a tea party.
One night (while Kevin was traveling of course!), we had a crazy wind storm. The howling winds woke me up, and as I looked out the window, I figured that I should probably move our patio chairs.  I was too much of a chicken to go out there in the middle of the night, so I figured I would just hope for minimal damage.  This is how the patio looked in the morning...
I'm just amazed that the chair didn't break that window it was resting on!

We also had a much needed Mommy/Brookie/Colby outing to the beach at Lynn Creek.  I felt like my patience was wearing thin, and I needed to have a change of scenery. The sun and fun was just what we all needed.
And since Colby is wearing a different swimsuit, this must mean that we went back to the beach area again at the end of March.  What can we say?? We like the sand, water, and sun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment