Saturday, March 11, 2017

first soccer game

I think we were all anxious to see how the first game went down, and it met all of my expectations :) Practice was great again, and Brooke seemed to be improving in the different drills. Once the game started, Brooke stayed on that ball and was running all over the field.  They have 4 kids on the field at a time, and the other 3 sit together on bench chairs. One little boy on the team scored all the goals for Team Shine, and I am pretty positive he must have an older sibling who plays.  He just seemed to get the concept of going after the ball, and taking it straight to the goal.  Something we need to work on with Brooke :)  In the second half, Brooke seemed a little more distracted.  She was holding hands with Charlie and those two girls were running all over the field together.  At least they were following the ball, but I kept shouting for her to drop hands.
Colby just wanted to get on the field, and play with a soccer ball that wasn't ours.   Thankfully, I had lots of fruit snacks in my backpack to distract him.
Grandma and Papa came to watch the game, and Brooke gave them huge hugs after the game.
I have to admit, I am kind of loving this new Saturday routine :)  We have 6 more weeks left, so hopefully it continues to go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment