Sunday, March 26, 2017

the joy of cousins

After the previous week's game when Brooke was super grumpy about the other team scoring all the goals, I was a little nervous!  I was hoping that since Kinley and Aubrey were coming to watch, she would be super into the game. Kindly was so sweet with Colby on the sidelines, and then Colby moved on to Uncle Jeff.
Several times throughout the game, Brooke would look over to make sure her cheering squad was still there :)  She loves her cousins so much, and it's awesome that we live close enough that we can attend each other's extra curricular activities.
I had promised Brooke that if she scored a goal, I would take her and her cousins to Iggy's, which is her favorite ice cream shop.  Towards the end of the game, although she hadn't scored a goal, I figured I would take them anyways because Brooke never stopped running and was always right on the ball.  When the game was over, she asked if we could go to Iggy's since she scored a goal during practice, haha.  I love her negotiating skills!  (Sometimes, haha.)
We also had an impromptu photo shoot after ice cream because the whole field behind Iggy's was covered in bluebonnets.
I forgot to mention that Grandma and Papa came for the end of the game, and joined us for ice cream at Iggy's.  The big girls were so sweet with Papa and held his hands back to the car.  He was still recovering from one of his foot surgeries, and I know he loves moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment