Wednesday, May 13, 2015

squeaky clean

One Friday morning, Kevin texted me to ask if I could take the Honda through the car wash.  We were planning on heading to Oklahoma City that night for a Certifit store opening the next morning, and he wanted our car to look nice I guess.  I decided that rather than driving over to the car wash, Brooke and I would have a little adventure.   It turned out to be an extremely messy and wet adventure, but fun nonetheless.  After spraying the car down, I brought over the bucket and soapy water and explained to Brooke that we were going to wash the car.  I told her that it was going to be SO FUN.  I gave her a rag, and she was a good little helper.  On one side of the car at least, haha.  By the time we got to the other side, she was just dunking her rag and basically throwing dirty water all over the place.  And she loved it!  I was a bit disgusted because the water was pretty dirty, but she was happy, so I was happy. 
It's fun to see your little one experiencing something new and different.  She kept saying "Mama, SO FUN", over and over, hahahaha. She cried when we were finished, and for several days after, she would point to the car and say "Mama's Car", "So FUN".
We didn't end up leaving for OKC until Saturday morning, which was fine by me because that meant less packing.  We made the 3+ hour drive, arrived at the store opening celebration (which was pretty much a big Mustang car show), and had a LONG day out in the sun.  Since Kevin needed to mingle with Certifit people, I kept tabs on Brooke.  Translation: I followed Brooke around the car show for hours making sure she didn't touch too many cars.  One sweet lady, when she realized that Brooke was in love with her pink car with ponies and feather boas inside, gave Brooke a hot wheels car.  That literally saved the day.  Brooke did pretty good, but there is only so much for a little girl to do at a car show.  We ate hot dogs, met a few little friends, raced her car, played balance beam on the cement (things?) at the top of parking spaces, and ran around A LOT.  About 3 o-clock, I took her for a drive so she could catch a little nap, which she did.  We went back for the closing awards ceremony at 4, visited with people till 5, then hit the road.  We stopped at Freddy's Steakburgers for dinner, which was delicious and exactly what I needed.  To sit, in a cold restaurant, and not move!

Kevin did all the driving, and I dozed on and off the whole way home.  I had a major headache because I think I was dehydrated. Brooke, however, didn't sleep a wink, which totally surprised me.  By the time we arrived home (almost 10 pm), she was beat, and so were Kevin and I.  We all slept great that night!!

1 comment: