Monday, May 11, 2015

march iphone gems

My girl is a creature of habit.  Whenever we are walking back to the car after grocery shopping, she will say "drive car".  I tell her that she can drive when we get home...and she doesn't forget.  As soon as I get her out of the carseat, she tells me again, "drive car".  So, I let her climb in the driver's seat while I unload the groceries.  I came back out to grab another load, and Brooke had apparently opened up my sunglass case and helped herself to Mommy's glasses.  And she was pretty darn proud of herself, even if they ARE upside down :)
 My favorite thing, Sunday pictures...
 One day, while swinging, Brooke put her hands in the air.  I thought it was kinda of funny, so I said "Woo-hoo, no hands".  She was laughing hysterically and thought it was the greatest thing.  I snapped a quick picture and we continued playing at the park.  The next evening, we were at the park when Kevin got home from work.  He joined us at the park, and I told Brooke to show Daddy her "no hands", which she did.  Kevin was not amused and immediately started worrying that she could fall out.  I told him not to worry, and then she kind of lunged forward.  Scared us both to death!  I really don't think she would have fallen out, but I definitely regret reinforcing that action.  Now, when she tries to do it, I have to tell her that it was a bad idea and that we have to hold on with two hands!!
One of her favorite activities: bubbles!
 When you play in that heat, you need a refreshing beverage.  And she loves to drink from what she calls "Daddy's cup".
 We went on a little shoe shopping adventure to get her some new kicks.  Her feet grew suddenly and her Toms were no longer fitting.  She wasn't happy about the employee measuring her foot, but once she left to help another customer, Brooke wanted to confirm her size :)
 One night, as I was filling the bath tub, I walked back in to Brooke's room to grab jammies and I guess she had decided to wrap up in her sleep sack, haha.
 Riding the skateboard with Daddy!  She played with that thing forever.  They rode in the garage, then she sat with Daddy and rode down the walkway by the front porch.
 Since Easter was the same weekend as Conference, we wouldn't be dressing in our Sunday best.  So, the week before was designated in my mind as "Easter Dress Sunday".
 One of her favorite tricks...
 We attended Hudson's adorably themed Western birthday party.  Brooke was pretty excited to sit on that saddle :)
I felt pretty sick during the month of March, but we still managed to play and have fun, so I guess I wasn't a total mom failure!  I love the time I get to spend with Brooke, and to see her little personality developing more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment