Monday, May 11, 2015

"Papa's Boat"

I am fairly positive that we will have WAY too many boat pictures this summer, but these were too sweet not to document.  In mid-April, when Kevin had a week off work, we went to the lake 3 times. One afternoon, Kevin called Melanie to see if their family wanted to join us for a few hours.  Jeff wasn't feeling well, but Mel came with the girls and we had a blast.  Here is Kevin giving M & M's to the girls. 
 This was Miss Aubrey's first time on the boat, and I think she loved it.  Didn't mind the life jacket, and was happy to just observe what was going on around her.
 This was my favorite picture from the whole outing. To hear their little squeals as they kicked their legs in the water was beyond adorable.  They would look at each other, then start doing it again.  I am pretty sure they would have stayed there for hours if we would have let them.
 As we were heading back in to the marina, Brooke started asking for her pacifier.  I could tell she was tired, especially considering that she had not napped all day. So I gave it to her, and she was pretending to sleep on Kinley's arm, haha.  This girl is a goof.
It was a beautiful afternoon, and I was so glad that Melanie came with her girls.  Brooke loves her cousins so much, and I love that they are able to make cute little memories together.  Now, whenever Brooke talks about "Papa's Boat", the next thing she says is "Kinley, Splash".
 We finished off the week with a Saturday morning boat ride.  I had been feeling sick for a few days, so before we headed to the lake, we stopped and bought sea bands for me to wear.  I really think they worked, but it could also have been in my head!  Regardless, I was able to enjoy the afternoon with family, so I was happy.  Jerry and Bev also joined us, and packed a yummy picnic that we all enjoyed.
 Brooke was constantly talking about "Daddy's surfboard", and when asked if she wanted to ride it, she would always say "Ride surfboard."  Well, when we actually put her into the water with Kevin, she started shouting "Hold Mama", haha.  In her defense, the water was only like 68 degrees, and I definitely wasn't getting in.  So, she just stood on his board and I took pictures.
 Then she watched Daddy.  Kevin was cracking me up because he kept pretending like he was holding Brooke.  I just wasn't sure how it was going to work with him holding Brooke in the water, then getting up on the board.  I trust Kevin completely, but I needed to see it to believe it.  So he was giving me a demo as he rode solo, haha.
 We decided to inflate the tube and see if Brooke was interested in that.  At first, she didn't want to get on it, but I think she was worried about that cold water.  Once she was on, she was happy. Jerry pulled them on a super long ride, and Brooke was just waving to the few of us in the boat.  When Kevin was done, haha, we pulled them in.  I was asking Brooke if she had fun, and this is what I got...
 I probably watched this movie 100 times over the next few days.  Her little sassitude was killing me. She really had fun, but I guess she didn't want to admit it??  Just, "MORE TUBE".  We told her that she could go on ONE MORE ride with Daddy, and we held up one finger.
 After the ride was finished, and we started pulling her in, she put her finger in the air and started saying "ONE MORE", "ONE MORE", hahahaha.  This girl knows what she wants :)
I have a feeling that this summer is going to be a lot of fun :)

1 comment: