Monday, May 11, 2015

"Heart Beeps"

 Brooke was my little side-kick to my 13 week check-up.  All morning, I was telling her that we were going to the doctor to hear the baby's heart beat.  She seemed to understand :)  I dressed her in this darling purple dress from her Auntie Mel Mel because I planned to stop and snap a few pictures of her in the bluebonnets near my doctor's office. She was fairly patient as we waited for the doctor, and she sat like a big girl on a chair as I layed on the table.  The nurse cautioned me that sometimes it takes a minute to get the heart beat because the baby is still small and sometimes just doesn't cooperate.  But, the minute she put the doppler on my belly, we heard the heart beat.  Music to my ears :) Baby's heart rate was in the 160's, which was "great", according to the nurse.  After the nurse and doctor left the room, I let Brooke lay on the table like Mama.  Then, she stretched out, haha.  I think she looks super long. As we checked out, they gave her a lollipop and a sticker.  I knew the lollipop would be a sticky mess, so we sat on the curb to enjoy that little treat before we got back in the car.
 And that is when I took this priceless video...
 I absolutely adore that she called them "heart beeps", and I hope she never stops. My parents love it too because they will bring up the doctor visit just to hear her say those cute little words :)
And my belly at 13 weeks.  Looks mostly like a muffin top, haha, but I know there's a baby in there.

1 comment: