Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spring Break/CA Baby Shower

 I had the wonderful opportunity to head home to California for a last minute Spring Break trip.  I started working in the Arlington School District mid-February, and I knew we had a Spring Break, but it felt like it creeped up on me and I realized that if I didn't take this chance to go to CA, I probably wouldn't have the chance before the baby arrived.  I was missing my family and I wanted them to see me pregnant, feel the baby move (which she had been doing ALOT), and just enjoy time together.  My mom and a wonderful family friend planned a last minute baby shower and almost all 25 women we invited were able to attend!  It was so nice to see familiar faces of old YW leaders, long-time family friends, and ward members that really helped shape me into the person I am today.  At the end of the shower, I was trying to express my gratitude that everyone was able to make it on such short notice, and of course I became emotional, haha.  It was just a neat experience to share such an important life event with these women whom I love and admire :)

Our little girl was completely spoiled with adorable clothes, quilts, books, etc.  It was a good thing I came with an extra suitcase, haha.  The picture below is the diaper bag my mom and dad bought for me, which I LOVE :)  And there is a funny story that goes along with that blanket.  As most of you know, it took Kevin and I several years to get pregnant.  On a shopping outing probably 3+ years ago, I saw this blanket that I really loved.  I knew it was silly to buy a blanket when a) I wasn't pregnant, and b) I didn't know if I would have a girl.  But my mom bought me that blanket and promised to hold onto it until I needed it.  Well, luckily we were able to get pregnant.  And luckily we are having a little girl who can enjoy this blanket.  It is packed and ready in her hospital bag :)


My beautiful friend (and old BYU roomie) Brie lives in San Jose, and was able to come for the shower.  When my mom was going through the list of ward people to invite, etc, I was not thinking straight and didn't even think about Brie living close enough to attend.  When I landed in San Jose (the night before the shower), I realized this HUGE mistake and immediately called Brie.  She was, of course, so great, and made it work into her schedule and I loved sharing the evening with her.

My mom took a few days off work so we could play, shop, and eat at all my favorite places.  We spent a day in Carmel, which was beautiful.  My brother was also at home since he was completing an internship.  He worked a lot, but I was able to see him in the evenings :)  We had planned to have a date in San Francisco on Friday since it was his last day of work...but then they asked him to extend his internship and our date was cancelled!  It was a bit of a bummer, but I ended up getting a cold while I was there, so I took Friday to rest and get feeling better!




It was great to spend time with the family.  Jeffrey was pleased with my weight gain, haha, since he was hoping that I would be bigger when he saw me at Christmas.  He was actually able to feel the baby move a lot, so he was a happy camper.  And my parents are completely excited about becoming grandparents, which is a role I am excited to see them fulfill ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I was able to be there. It was great to be able to see you! Thanks for thinking of it. You look(ed) gorgeous as always. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete