Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Awesome Friends

Although we were so sad to leave our best friends in Florida, we were happy to be reunited with our old friends here in Texas.  When we moved to Arlington, TX in 2007, we were invited to a few events with 3 other couples who were already friends.  We thought we would only be in TX for a few months, but after two and a half years, we were able to become really close with those friends :)  When we "joined" the group, only Matt and Andreia had a child...now they all have 2 kids with a few more on the way!  At least now Kevin and I will be adding a child to the mix!

We decided to have a sleepover back in March, which we had never done before.  It was lots of fun and really made me feel like I was in college again.  We ate pizza, gave ourselves gel manicures, ate cake (for Andreia's birthday) AND then popcorn while we watched a movie till 3 in the morning.  Poor Kevin was at the house too, but spent the majority of the evening in our room, haha.  When I crawled into bed a little after 3, I asked Kevin if we were too loud, and his response was that "you were a little loud, but I'm glad you had fun!".  He's a keeper :)  


 Tracy missed the detailed instructions on the gel nails, so she had a little mishap.  In the end, with Danielle's help, her nails looked awesome.  The beautiful birthday girl below...
 All the girls crashed upstairs (and I pulled the pregnancy card and slept in my own bed so I could get some rest).  We were actually woken at 6 am to the sounds of really loud rain and hail!  Looked like it had snowed outside because the lawn was covered in ice chunks.  Despite the noise, we all went back to sleep until about 10 when we decided to wake up and have some breakfast.  I am grateful for these girls!

Then in April, our best friends from Florida came to visit for my baby shower.  Talk about supportive!  Kevin convinced them to come out the Tuesday before the shower, and he took the week off to hang out with them and their twins.  I unfortunately had to work on Wednesday and Thursday, but I took Friday off and Daleth, Zay (her mom), and I were able to spend the day shopping, going to lunch, etc.  It was awesome to see our friends again, we have missed them A LOT!



 Daleth and I before we headed out for our day of shopping and fun.
 Kevin and Andre planned a golfing outing on Saturday, so I had to snap a picture before they left.
 We were sad to see them leave, but the good news is that they will be back again sometime after our baby is born!  And we are working on the "Texas Plan", which involves them moving to our neighborhood.  We are keeping our eyes peeled for homes on the market!

 A few weeks ago, when Kevin was out of town, I planned a little "Girls Night Out" to say thanks to the wonderful girls who planned my baby shower (post to follow).  We had dinner at Red Robin, and the poor waiter was probably wishing we would leave already...but I think we were there for a few hours, haha.  We were having great conversation and we just weren't ready to leave.  When we finally left, we planned on doing a little shopping, but all the stores were closed, so we went for Cold Stone instead :)  It did not disappoint! Once again, I am grateful for the support of these girls and have appreciated their advice and ability to answer my pregnancy questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment