Sunday, June 2, 2013

Easter

A few weeks before Easter, we were having a YW Presidency Meeting (I am the Secretary), and we were talking about the upcoming Easter Sunday.  We had been talking about having a special guest speaker, and then the President says, "Why don't we have Sister Meador teach since we haven't heard her teach before?".  I have to admit, I was feeling a little guilty because I don't have a whole lot of duties as the secretary, so I had to accept, haha.  And in my book, if you want to have a great lesson, you also need to have a great treat.  So I decided to make sugar cookies, which was A LOT of work.  Luckily the girls loved them, so it was worth it.  And the lesson went well, so overall I guess it was a success.  

 We enjoyed Easter dinner up in Flower Mound with the family.  It was a delicious meal and gorgeous weather, so we enjoyed quite a bit of time sitting out on the patio.


 Kevin is a sugar-head.  He ate 2 of those cookies for breakfast and several more that afternoon.
 Kinley enjoying the fishies from her Easter eggs.  She got that backpack from Grandma and didn't want to take it off, which was adorable!

I love this picture of Kevin and Melanie.  It is nice to be close to family again so we can get together and enjoy holidays and Sunday dinners together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment