Monday, June 3, 2013

Katelin's Wedding

Back in April, we flew out to California for Kevin's cousin Katelin's wedding.  My doctor gave me clearance to travel up until 31 weeks, which is exactly how many weeks I was when we flew out :)  Kevin and I both took off the Friday before the wedding so we could travel with the family and spend Friday in Newport Beach.  We enjoyed the afternoon at the pier, having lunch at Ruby's, and doing a little shopping.  


 That night, we had a big family dinner back at the hotel where everyone was staying.  I really enjoy Kevin's extended family, so it was a nice evening together.

 Saturday morning, the happy couple was sealed in the Newport Beach temple.  It is always nice to attend a sealing and be reminded of all the promises and blessings given.  (Sidenote:  Kev and I will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary on June 24th!!)  The inside of the temple was so gorgeous, and the temple grounds were amazing.  My only complaint was all the moisture in the air which really didn't help my hair look very good, haha.

 All the cousins and spouses with the beautiful bride. I absolutely LOVED Katelin's dress...she looked perfect :)
 The reception house was at the top of a hill and the whole event was classy and elegant.  Kevin was getting a little artsy with the picture-taking, haha.


 Most of the extended family left on Sunday, but since we were sticking around until Monday, we headed out with Roy, Celine, and the boys to the beach.  We made a pit stop into the arcade at the pier, and of course the boys had to get into a friendly little competition with the basketball game.  They all played multiple times, but I am happy to report that Kevin was the ultimate winner with 54 baskets :)


We had such a great weekend spending time with family, enjoying all the awesome things California has to offer, and being there for Katelin and Ryan's wedding.

1 comment: