Friday, April 8, 2022

field day

Field Day was the absolute best and I loved watching both Brooke and Colby compete in their events.  I was super busy going back and forth between the kids and their different events, but I was able to see it all!

Brooke with her friends, Kate and Lyla.  
Brooke and Claire
I also have a picture of Brooke and Sidney from the last few years, so when I tried to get another pic, a few more friends asked if they could join in.  Of course we said yes! 
Brooke was fairly confident for the 50 meter dash, but sadly, another girl won their heat. 
Next up was the Egg and Spoon Relay.  Brooke has mastered this one, and came in second among all 4th grade girls.  She makes it look easy, haha.
I was bouncing back and forth between Kinder and 3rd grade events all day, but I loved being there and cheering my kids on. It was freezing outside with crazy wind (hence the hair in my face), but it worked in my favor since my kids kept coming back for more hugs and snuggles.
Colby was hoping to win the 50 meter dash as well, but another kid supposedly beat him in his heat so he didn't get to move on.  (I say supposedly because it looked extremely close and Colby was sure he won, haha.) He was pretty disappointed and kept telling me that he wanted a ribbon.  I explained that everyone was gonna get a ribbon at the end, to which he replied, But I want to EARN a ribbon."  I loved his determination, but since not all events involved ribbons, and even those with ribbons only give out a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, his chances were slim.
Did I mention that it was freezing??  Neither of my kids wore their sweatshirts to the morning activities, and I hated seeing them so chilly. 
Colby's sweet classmates...
The Hippity Hop was hysterical and definitely worth watching...
Apparently we have Egg and Spoon skills in our family because Colby won third place for kindergarten boys.  He earned that ribbon, so he was a happy boy. 
Thankfully, the water relays were in the afternoon when it was slightly warmer outside. 
The only event Brooke didn't participate in was the long jump, so she busied herself with some chalk drawings instead.  She wasn't confident in her long jump abilities, and despite my efforts to convince her that it's okay to try anyways, she chose to skip it. 
Field Day is always a favorite, and this year was no exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment