Wednesday, April 27, 2022

texas bluebonnets

I absolutely love taking pictures in the bluebonnets, but the last few years I have waited too long in the season and it's harder to find a beautiful patch.  This year, I was actually timing it well, but as I drove past our favorite spot earlier in the week, I saw that it had been mowed down!  I couldn't believe it, all those beautiful flowers just GONE!  Thankfully, Joanna told me about the place they usually go, so we went to check it out.  It had rained the few days prior, so I told the kids to wear their rain boots in case it was a muddy mess.
The flowers weren't growing close together like our favorite patch, but it was still a great location because you could park right next to them and you did't have to worry about snakes.

My sweet Texas girl...
And my cute Texas boy with a silly side...
Colby knows that he can't pick the bluebonnets since it's our state flower, but he brought me some beautiful yellow wildflowers instead.  He is such a sweet and thoughtful boy. 
I always take a selfie with the kids as well, so we checked that off the list :)
And then Colby decided that he needed to take MY picture in the bluebonnets.  I tried to say no, but he insisted.  I figured since I make them take lots of pictures, I needed to do the same at his request. 
One last picture at home for good measure.  I adore these two and the love they have for each other.  They definitely have their disagreements, as all siblings do, but their love runs deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment