Saturday, April 9, 2022

brooke's bathroom

I was excited to get painting in the bathroom as well, but I wasn't prepared for how long this project would take!  So many corners and things to tape around!  But I knew that it would all be worth it.  The before...
I primed the walls, then went to Home Depot to buy a light aqua paint. 
In my mind, it was going to be the perfect muted aqua to match the lightest aqua on her hand towels.  I began painting and the color was beautiful, but it was darker than I originally planned. I should have stopped when the color wasn't quite right, but I had a whole gallon of the paint so I finished the room.  Brooke was thrilled with the color, and Kevin seemed to like it okay. 
One night, I stayed up until nearly midnight to finish all the touch-ups.  I tore down all the painters tape and went to tell Kevin that I was officially done.  He made a comment that it was not what he was expecting at all, then expressed that he really didn't care for the color.  I was kind of frustrated that he didn't say more during the process because I didn't want to essentially start over on the bathroom.  Especially after ripping off all the painters tape.  I honestly am not sure if I would have felt better if he would've expressed those feelings mid-project, but overall, I was just frustrated that it didn't turn out how either of us hoped. Brooke, on the other hand, thought the color was so beautiful and she told me a million times how much she loved it.  So, I guess that's the good part :)
It is definitely very cheerful :)  Kevin and I have toyed with the idea of stenciling the floor since we don't love the color of the tile, but when Brooke mentioned that she would like to stencil dolphins, we both had a good laugh.
Pulling in the finishing touches...
I love the new rug I found, but since technically it's a cushioned kitchen mat, the door won't swing over it.   That's a definite drawback, but since Brooke and I loved it so much, we decided that it wasn't a dealbreaker.  
Kevin and Brooke installed the new light fixture and mirror one afternoon while Colby and I were off at a birthday party. 
New towel hooks...
And last, but not least, was a new pendant light fixture that tied in perfectly with her other light fixture.  
I still plan on painting her cabinets and possibly doing something to the flooring, but for the time being, we were happy with the updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment