Friday, April 1, 2022

brooke's bedroom

I want to paint the entire house to get ride of these tan walls, but I figured I would start with one small space at a time.  Since I was wanting to get new carpet upstairs, I decided to start with Brooke's room.  I took a few before pics for comparison...
It was a ton of work to get ready to paint, and we ended up moving all the furniture out with the exception of the bed.  I wasn't about to take that whole thing apart just for ease of painting. 
The kids were eager to help...
These projects always take way longer than anticipated, but thankfully Kevin helped with the ceiling since that's absolutely the worst part.
That shower cap saved me from getting paint splatters in my hair, haha. 
Seeing the fresh white on the walls made all the effort worth it.  It made me realize just how dark the tan really was!
I ended up having to do a second coat which was a literal pain, but I was very happy with the end result. 
I was especially happy when I hung her curtains back up and put the whole room back together. 
I painted her frames a bright turquoise since the white no longer popped against the white walls. 
Her colorful accents looked so much better against the white walls.  Kevin wasn't convinced that this was an upgrade since the trim no longer popped either, but I love the white walls SO much better and the whole room has new life. 
I allowed Brooke to style her own shelves, which was hard for a control-freak like myself, haha. 
The view from her bathroom...
I took a tiny break after finishing her room, but I was eager to start in on her bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment