Friday, April 15, 2022

the perot museum


I chaperoned Colby's field trip to the Perot Museum in Dallas, and despite the crowds, it was a great day!  I was just SO thankful that these three boys stayed close to me because it's a lot of pressure being responsible for somebody else's child!
Colby was excited about just about everything, haha.
I thought the real brain was pretty incredible...
The whole museum is very interactive, which was great for these kindergarten boys...
We even ran into their teacher, Mrs. Salinas :)
My favorite was the Gem and Mineral Hall.  Just look at that giant geode!!
The last section we visited was the dinosaur and prehistoric area.  At this point in the day the kids were less excited about listening to facts, but they were still impressed by the giant bones and being able to watch the archeologists work on actual fossils. 
I'm so grateful that I have the flexibility to volunteer and attend events like this.  Not only do I feel better knowing that I can watch over my own child when he attends a busy museum, but I get to see the wonder and amazement of it all through his eyes. 
I loved spending the day with my buddy!  And his friends (Rayon and Grayson)...

No comments:

Post a Comment