Tuesday, May 24, 2022

third grade awards

A week later, it was Brooke's turn for her awards ceremony.  She made the "A" honor roll and I'm just so grateful that she loves everything about school.  When her teacher, Mrs. Evans, introduced her class, she said that they were the most compassionate group of smart students.  They all valued each others differences and strengths. 
She then announced the students with A/B Honor Roll, followed by A Honor Roll. They stood as their names were called, and although I think Brooke was kind of embarrassed about standing, I hope she was proud of her accomplishment!  I definitely was choked up as I watched my smart, beautiful girl standing tall among her peers. 
Mrs. Evans' homeroom class...
Then we headed into the classroom for a party, which was also Hawaiian themed. They all signed each other's picture frames, ate, and played a few games. 
Then Mrs. Evans presented the students with classroom awards.  Brooke's classmates voted her "Best Group Leader."  
Brooke, Kate, and Lyla
As we left the classroom, Mrs. Evans showed me the sweet letter Brooke wrote to her. She had it taped up on her cupboard and told me how precious that letter was to her. 
It read, "Dear Mrs. Evans, Thank you for helping, teaching, and supporting me. You helped me through 3rd grade.  You are so nice and helpful to me. You taught me P.U.R.R.S., P-Preview, U-Understand the genre, R-Read 3 times, R-Relate to text, to self, to others, S-Summarize beginning, middle, end, or somebody wanted, but, so then. You answer all of my questions and help me when I need help.  You prepared me for the STAAR test and taught me all I know.  You make my life much easier. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here in 3rd grade. Sincerely, Your Student Brooke Meador

They also encouraged us to take our students home after the party, so after stopping by to take a picture with Mrs. Howell (her math and science teacher), we headed out. 
I'm so proud of this girl and all that she has accomplished this year!  Her teachers had nothing but positive things to say about her, and I love the way she applies herself to her school work.
Post-award lunch date...

No comments:

Post a Comment