Thursday, May 19, 2022

kinder awards

The end of the school year always means awards ceremonies and class parties!  I signed up to bring donuts and Colby kindly requested that they come from a donut store and NOT the grocery store. I rarely buy donuts, but he knows enough about them to be particular :)
He looked so handsome for his program and I was excited to hear the songs he's ben singing around the house for weeks. My favorite was the 1940's song, "'A' You're Adorable."
Mrs. Salinas' whole class...
After the ceremony, we headed into the classroom for a Hawaiian themed party.  They made picture frames, ate yummy food, and chatted with their friends. 
Colby and his friend, Staley.
I couldn't leave without getting a picture of Colby with his teacher, Mrs. Salinas. Colby adores her, and she has hands down been the best teacher for him!  She's kind, patient and SO sweet to him.  I know he will definitely miss her when he moves up to first grade. 
I loved my time with this sweet kid!  They highly encouraged us to take the kids home after the party (9:30 AM) to celebrate their accomplishments and that's exactly what we did.  We played games together, watched a movie, met friends for lunch, and jumped on the trampoline with water balloons. 
So proud of you, buddy!  You rocked Kindergarten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment