Sunday, May 8, 2022

mother's day weekend

We celebrated Mother's Day a few days early with a family date to hibachi. We always get together with family on Mother's Day, but since it's never totally relaxing for the moms, I had the idea of going to a fun restaurant that also doubled as entertainment :) I definitely ate too much food, but it was all delicious. 
The kids were enthralled as they watched the cook prepare our food.  Especially when he set the onion stack on fire and tossed cooked shrimp into our mouths.  
That evening, the kids gave me the gifts they made at school.  Everything was so sweet and thoughtful. Colby gave me a cute cookbook that their class put together.  Each child wrote the recipe for something their mom cooks, so needless to say, we had a lot of good laughs.
Brooke made me a cute little easel with her picture on it. 
Then we headed to the Waco Hawaiian Falls for opening weekend. We were disappointed that several of the areas were closed, but we still had a blast!  Even thought Kevin beat me in mini-golf. 
The ropes course was finally open and although it took forever to wait in line, the kids did it twice.
Colby was sitting in the sun squinting, so Kevin took off his sunglasses and handed them to him.  Then I rummaged through the pool bag to find an extra pair for Kevin, hahaha.  Brooke and I were dying laughing because he wore them like no big deal.  
Then, of course, Brooke had to try them on :)
We all loved floating the lazy river together.
Kevin beat me in mini-golf...
We headed straight from Hawaiian Falls to the Silos for some dinner.  We'd never been before and were quite impressed with how beautiful everything was!  Colby and I played corn hole while we waited for our food, which was extremely overpriced and not much to write home about.  Several of the food trucks were closed, so we opted for the speciality grilled cheese sandwiches.  We bought 4 sandwiches, a side of minted watermelon, and a side of macaroni and cheese, and about died when the total was nearly $60!  Definitely not worth it, in my opinion. But I guess you're also paying for the ambiance and the experience of it all.  We quickly walked the shop before it closed, then headed to our hotel. 
I was super sick all night long, so not really the best way to start Mother's Day, but I was still grateful for the getaway weekend. We drove home in time to attend church, but I wanted to leave after Sacrament Meeting because I was feeling so yucky.  The good news is that my family served me all day long and for that, I am grateful. 
Being a mama is the very best thing that has ever happened to me and I feel truly grateful (sometimes overwhelmed) for this role.  Thankfully, I have the best women to learn from.  My own mother, who I strive to emulate in all I do, my wonderful mother-in-law, family members, and countless friends who I lean on heavily for mothering advice.  So thankful for incredible examples all around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment