Saturday, July 3, 2021

midlothian fireworks

The Midlothian 3rd of July fireworks show is one of our MOST favorite traditions!!  This year it fell on a Saturday, which meant that we could go super early to cook, play, and hang out with friends :)
Gotta represent that red, white, and blue!!
Love these friends so much!  We even unintentionally each represented one of our flag's colors :)
The guys didn't coordinate their outfits quite as nicely, haha, but we'll still keep them around :)
The kids were happy to be reunited after our beach trip the previous weekend.
Miss Tracy brought stomp rockets, which were a huge hit!
Brooke requested fancy nails for the occasion, so I attempted a firework/tie dye design and she loved it. 
We all brought our own meat to cook on Mike's grill (thanks, Mike!), then shared sides.  
Then the kids played games, rode scooters/bikes, and ran around the parking lot...
The Hawkins came later, so we had to get another friend picture with Joanna!
Danielle is the best at making sure we get pictures together, and I love this she took of Joanna and I.  
Ellie and Annayiah played four square with the kids...
Colby played hockey with Carter, Cam, and "the big boys"...
And then it was finally time for the fireworks!!  The show is always so good, and this year they had music as well which added so much to the overall ambiance of the night. I always get emotional when they play certain patriotic songs, but I think the Spirit moves me when I consider how lucky I am to live in this free country. 
One of my favorite moments of the night was when my long-legged girl curled up on my lap during the show.  She is becoming much more grown up it seems, so when she wanted to come sit on my lap, I held her tight and cherished the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment