Saturday, July 24, 2021

california-day 8

I kind of hate that we didn't take any morning walks together during the week, but we were both a little tired from all our adventuring, I guess. But I knew that I wanted to at least walk Thomas Grade ONCE with mom, so we did it on our last morning together.  Not only was the walk an invigorating way to start the day (think crisp morning air), I loved the uninterrupted hour we had to talk, just me and my mom. 
Brooke remembered about my wedding dress and asked if she could please try it on before we left, haha.  I'll have to compare it to the picture I have of her from 2017 :)  At least this time she didn't have to stand on a chair. 
I spent the next hour or so trying to figure out how to air drop the hundreds of pictures I had taken to my mom's phone, and was FINALLY able to do it. I was bummed that it took so long because I felt like I should have been visiting with my dad, but at least we had the airport drive as an opportunity to chat. 

Mom stayed home because she had a few things to take care of, so we said our goodbyes.  Thankfully, they were more like "see you laters" since she's coming to Texas next month to help when I have surgery. 
Final hugs...
We sure love Nay Nay and Papa and feel so incredibly grateful for such a wonderful trip FULL of memories together.  The flight home was great, but when we arrived in Texas at 9:30 PM and it was 90 degrees and MUGGY, the kids both commented that they wished we were still in California.  I know, kids, I know!!  I reminded myself how much I love Texas for everything but the summer weather, haha. 
And that's a wrap on our 8 days in California!!

No comments:

Post a Comment